Search all of our recipes
Thai Pumpkin Soup
- 3 cloves of garlic, skin on
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium potato (or equal amount of sweet potato) roughly chopped
- 1 medium brown onion
- 1/4 large red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1L vegetable stock
- 1 stick of lemongrass
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- Chilli flakes to taste
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Cocobella Natural coconut yoghurt
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180, wrap the garlic in aluminium foil and place it in the oven for 30 minutes to roast.
- In a large soup pot on a medium heat, add the pumpkin, carrot, onion, potato, capsicum, and dried coriander and sauté for one minute.
- Deglaze the pot with the vegetable stock and add the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and chilli flakes.
- Simmer the soup until the vegetables have softened through before removing the lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves and turning off the heat.
- Once the garlic has cooled, squeeze the garlic out of each clove into the soup.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until there are no chunks of vegetables remaining, then add the soy sauce, fresh coriander and coconut yoghurt and blend through.
- Taste test for salt and pepper before blending a final time, and serve.
You may also like...
Free recipe e-book
Sign up to Cocobella Monthly for exclusive recipes, prizes & more!