Search all of our recipes
Salad in a Jar
- ½ medium carrot, spiralised
- ½ cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ small red onion, sliced thinky
- 1-2 radishes
- ½ cup brown lentils (I used canned)
- 2 tablespoons mixed fresh herbs
- ¼ cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 hard-boiled eggs
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Wash, peel and prepare vegetables. Pick leaves off herbs.
Pour olive oil and balsamic vinegar into a large jar with a tight-fitting lid. Add carrot, followed by cabbage, lentils and sprouts. Top with onion, radish, herbs and egg.
Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Seal the jar.
When you’re ready to eat, simply tip the jar into a bowl to mix the dressing through the salad.
You may also like...
Free recipe e-book
Sign up to Cocobella Monthly for exclusive recipes, prizes & more!