Search all of our recipes
Protein Carrot Cake Muffins
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 2 serves vanilla protein powder
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs or egg alternatives
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Cocobella Natural coconut yoghurt
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Optional: raisins and walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees fan-forced.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and combine.
- Add in the remaining wet ingredients and combine everything until a thick batter forms.
- Stir in raisins and walnuts if using.
- Spoon mixture into 14 muffin pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to completely cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting, simply mix all the ingredients together and smear onto cooled muffins. Top with walnuts if using.
You may also like...
Free recipe e-book
Sign up to Cocobella Monthly for exclusive recipes, prizes & more!