Search all of our recipes
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- one 425gm tin sliced pineapple rings
- 210gms Cocobella coconut yoghurt
- Caramelised Pineapple Sauce I used @poppysmacksauce which is perfect for this
- 3x flaxeggs (1 flaxegg is 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed to 2 Tbsp water
- 60gms desiccated coconut
- 120gms brown sugar
- 200gms dairy free spread
- 160gms plain flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- zest of 1/4 of a lime
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- Preheat oven to 180⁰ celsius
- Lightly wipe a round springform cake pan with dairy free spread to avoid cake sticking. (Oil wont work the same as a substitute)
- Cut each ring of pineapple in half and arrange at bottom of pan like the picture
- Pour a bit of caramelised pineapple sauce on top of pineapple that are in the cake pan
- In a mixing bowl add all the other ingredients and use an electric mixer to combine to make cake batter
- The cake batter will be quite sticky so do your best to get it off the beaters and spread over the top of the pineapple in the cake pan
- Bake for 45 minutes. Check to see if its cooked in the middle using a knife. If it comes out clean you’re good.
- Flip cake onto a plate and drizzle over more caramelised pineapple sauce and serve with dollops of cocobella coconut yoghurt
You may also like...
Free recipe e-book
Sign up to Cocobella Monthly for exclusive recipes, prizes & more!
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.