Search all of our recipes
Lychee Coconut Slice with Lime Buttercream
Ingredients for lychee coconut slice
- 1¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup Cocobella vanilla coconut yogurt
- 2¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp lychee essence
Ingredients for lime “buttercream”
- 1 can white beans, drained
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2½ tbsp hulled tahini
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla bean extract
Lychee coconut slice Method
- Preheat oven to 190°C, or 170°C if fan-forced.
- Combine all wet ingredients, stir well and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Fold wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Pour cake batter into a lined rectangular cake pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into desired shape & frosting with lime “buttercream”.
- Serve with fruit.
Lime “buttercream” Method
- Add all ingredients into a food processor or blender, and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Transfer buttercream into a container and refrigerate.
- Once chilled, frost over the lychee coconut slice.
- Serve immediately.
You may also like...
Free recipe e-book
Sign up to Cocobella Monthly for exclusive recipes, prizes & more!