Search all of our recipes
Dark Choc, Coconut & Beetroot Muffins
- 1 medium beetroot
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp Cocobella Natural Coconut Yoghurt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flaxseed and 4 tbsp water mixed)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 100g dark chocolate chopped (Lindt for dairy free)
- Blend the beetroot and coconut in a food processor
- Add the coconut yoghurt, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla and flax eggs
- Combine well then transfer to a bowl and fold through the buckwheat flour and baking powder and mix until smooth
- Stir through the choc pieces
- Spoon into a greased muffin tray and top with coconut flakes
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C
- Let cool and enjoy!
You may also like...
Free recipe e-book
Sign up to Cocobella Monthly for exclusive recipes, prizes & more!