Search all of our recipes
Coconut Lemon Loaf
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1⅓ cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup Cocobella Straight Up coconut water
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1½ – 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 small lemon, half the juice of
- 1 Tbsp Cocobella Straight Up coconut water
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients together.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients until well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mix, pour in wet mixture. Gently fold wet into dry until just combined. Removing any lumps.
- Gently fold through chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean, making sure not to over bake.
- Remove from oven.
- Let the loaf to cool in the pan for at least 15-20 minutes. This loaf is quite delicate so removing it too early may cause it to break a little.
- Remove from pan by lifting up parchment paper and let it cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine icing sugar, lemon juice, coconut water and mix well.
- Add more icing sugar until desired consistency. Mine was smooth and thick.
- Slowly and evenly pour over the cooled loaf.
- Let sit for 10 minutes until it sets.
Serve and enjoy!
Keep in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 1 week – 10 days.
You may also like...
Free recipe e-book
Sign up to Cocobella Monthly for exclusive recipes, prizes & more!