Search all of our recipes
Chocolate Tea Poached Pears
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 2-3 chocolate-flavoured tea bags
- ¼ cup honey (or any natural sweetener of your choice)
- 2 ripe pears, peeled
- 3 – 3½ cups Cocobella Straight Up coconut water
- ¾ cup chocolate sauce
- 150ml almond milk
- 150g dark cooking chocolate
- Pour 1½ cups boiling water into a large pot and place tea bags in to steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, squeezing them to release extra liquid.
- Stir in honey.
- Add pears, pour coconut water over pears to barely cover. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn heat down and bring water to a simmer.
- Poach pears, covered, for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, begin chocolate sauce.
- In a double boiler over medium heat, melt together milk and chocolate until smooth and shiny.
- Pour into serving jug, set aside.
- Once pears are tender, remove them with a slotted spoon.
- Place them in serving bowls.
- Drizzle a little of the poaching liquid over pears.
- Pour chocolate sauce over pears and serve immediately.
You can store unserved poached pears in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 2 days.
You may also like...
Free recipe e-book
Sign up to Cocobella Monthly for exclusive recipes, prizes & more!