Search all of our recipes
Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- 2 Tbsp butter, or coconut oil
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup Cocobella Straight Up Coconut Water
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla bean extract
- ½ tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, plus extra for decorating if desired
- 3 Tbsp flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºC). Line a 9” round cake tin with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt butter first and then set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and cocoa, mix well.
- Pour in coconut water, eggs, vanilla, coffee and the melted butter.
- Using a hand mixer, or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the mixture for 15-20 seconds until well combined. Scraping down the sides when needed.
- Add the 1 cup raspberries and gently fold through.
- Pour into lined cake tin and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Sprinkle over flaked almonds.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. The cake should be set and spring back when gently pressed.
- Remove and cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate with remaining raspberries and extra flaked almonds if desired.
Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 3-4 days.
You may also like...
Free recipe e-book
Sign up to Cocobella Monthly for exclusive recipes, prizes & more!