Search all of our recipes
Blueberry & Lemon Muffins
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Cocobella coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 x flax egg (1 tbsp Flax with 3 tbsp water)
- Finely grated rind of 1 x small lemon
- 3 & 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a 12 x cup muffin tray lightly with oil.
- Prepare your flax egg in a small bowl and set aside to thickened.
- Mix all the dry ingredients into a bowl making sure everything is combined well.
- Mix all your wet ingredients into a bowl including your flax egg and stir well.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and carefully fold the mixture until just combined (you do not want to overmix otherwise you will end up with a dense batter).
- Carefully fold through your blueberries and transfer the mix into your muffin tray filling each cup about 2/3rds of the way.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approx. 20- 25 minutes or until slightly golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
You may also like...
Free recipe e-book
Sign up to Cocobella Monthly for exclusive recipes, prizes & more!