Search all of our recipes
Bean and Avocado Tacos with Zingy Coconut Yoghurt Sauce
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 tbsp beetroot hummus
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 400g mixed beans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- To make the quick pickled onions place red onions into an airtight glass jar, with the salt, sugar and apple cider vinegar to cover. Stir, and refrigerate for an hour.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat and place cumin, smoked paprika and chilli flakes in pan and cook until fragrant.
- Add the beans, corn and peas to pan. Stir to coat with spices and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Heat tortillas as directed on package.
- Spread tortillas with beetroot hummus, top with spiced bean mixture, tomatoes, rocket, avocado and slices of pickled onion (reserve remaining onions for other uses).
- To make dressing combine Cocobella coconut yoghurt, lime juice and coriander. Season to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over tacos and top with fresh coriander leaves and lime juice. Enjoy!
You may also like...
Free recipe e-book
Sign up to Cocobella Monthly for exclusive recipes, prizes & more!