1. What have you learnt about cooking since you started developing recipes for the plant based community?
There’s endless ideas for meals to create and my focus is to keep recipes simple and easy! I also like to make a variety of recipes that focus on mainly on the same ingredients, which then makes it easier for people to try it themselves as there’s no crazy ingredients.
2. What’s your go-to ingredient for an extra boost of flavour or nutrition?
For smoothies, I love adding spirulina for extra nutrition. Then for savoury meals nutritional yeast is perfect, but I always have many seasonings on hand like cumin, coriander, paprika, herbs, turmeric, chilli etc!
3. For when days get busy and schedules are knocked around, do you have a kitchen hack that makes preparing meals that bit easier?
I like to prepare my greens and grains. I’ll wash and chop the greens and store it in a container and then cook either rice or quinoa. That way, I have my main ingredients ready to go. I can then cook up some tofu or tempeh or open a can of beans and chop up some other veggies. When I’m in a rush, simple and satisfying is the way to go! Smoothies are also great.
4. What are your favourite flavours, and how do they inspire your recipes?
I love simple flavours and food, but my go-to for every meal is lemon as it gives meals an extra burst of flavour. For sweet meals vanilla and coconut is delicious too, and of course you can’t go wrong with chocolate!
5. We love your popsicles! How else do you like to use Cocobella coconut yoghurt as a dairy-free alternative in desserts?
I love adding the coconut yoghurt on top of my smoothie bowls or oatmeal and using it to create sorbets. It’s also delicious smothered between layers of sponge-cake with jam! I chose to make popsicles for my featured recipe as quite often it’s hard to find a healthy ice cream alternative and this is so easy to make with minimal ingredients!