Looking to start your year with some recipe inspiration? Luckily, our Instagram community are such a creative bunch! Check out our Top 5 picks from last month, featuring some refreshing and super powered smoothies to help you cool down this summer, festive cupcakes, and a plant-based meal to impress your guests with.
As a thank you for sharing their #cocobellarecipe, each recipe creator from December will receive a month’s worth of Cocobella – perfect for continuing the creativity in the kitchen.
@embodyhealth – Mango Turmeric Smoothie Bowl
Get your daily dose of superfood turmeric in this tropical flavoured smoothie bowl. Got a sweet tooth? This one goes great with some vegan chocolate on top!
Time: 15 mins
1/2 frozen mango
1 scoop vanilla pea protein
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Fresh banana, sliced
Loving Earth Lemon Cheesecake vegan chocolate pieces
- Simply add all ingredients into a blender/food processor and blend until combined!
- Top with banana, walnuts, coconut flakes, and pieces of vegan chocolate for an added treat.
@self__service__ – Whole Roasted Yellow Curry Cauliflower with Coconut Yoghurt
Turn the humble cauliflower into a flavoursome and impressive dish with this easy recipe.
Time: 75 mins
1 whole cauliflower
½ cup Cocobella Natural coconut yoghurt + extra for serving
2 tbsp yellow curry paste
Fresh herbs, chilli flakes, lime wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Mix the yellow curry paste and coconut yoghurt together.
- Remove the outer leaves of the cauliflower, then rub the yellow curry marinade all over the cauliflower.
- Bake for 1 hour in the oven until soft in the middle and caramelised on the outside. A knife should easily pierce the cauliflower when it’s cooked through.
- Serve topped with coconut yoghurt, fresh herbs, chilli flakes, and lime wedges.
@michellemurt – Green Power Smoothie
Energise yourself with the green goodness in this nourishing smoothie!
Time: 15 mins
1 frozen banana
1 frozen cauliflower floret
Handful of frozen blueberries
Handful of fresh baby spinach
30g Happy Way choc pea protein
1 serve Happy Way greens powder
1/2 tsp psyllium husk
1/2 tsp maca powder
1/4 tsp spirulina
1 cup Pure Harvest almond quench milk
Your preferred muesli
- Place all ingredients into smoothie cup or blender. Blitz on high for 1 minute or until all ingredient are blended smoothly.
- Pour into desired smoothie cup and top with chia seeds and muesli. Drink up and enjoy!
@vegouttable – Rudolph and Santa Cupcakes
These adorable plant bases cupcakes are the perfect excuse to keep the festive spirit going!
Serves: 20 cupcakes
Time: 50 mins
1 x Rich Chocolate Noshu cake mix and frosting
250ml almond milk
3 chia eggs (3 tbsp of chia seeds mixed with 6 tbsp of water)
Peanut butter (thick is better)
Candy eyes and candy hearts
Strawberries, cut into halves
- Mix the chia seeds with water in a small glass or bowl and leave for approximately 10 minutes until it’s thick and goopy like an egg.
- Preheat the oven to 180*C.
- Once the eggs are ready, mix together the noshu cake mix, almond milk and 120g of coconut yoghurt with the chia seeds until a smooth batter is formed. Pour into about 18-20 cupcake tins and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- While baking, mix the frosting powder with the remaining coconut yoghurt. It will take a while but stick with it.
- Take the cupcakes out of the oven and let them cool.
- Spread peanut butter on to 9 or 10 of the cupcakes and push pretzels in to make antlers, then place candy eyes and hearts to resemble a Rudolph face.
- On the remaining cupcakes, spread the frosting on and top with half a strawberry. Sprinkle the coconut on to make a Santa hat. Voila! Enjoy!
Time: 15 mins
1 cup frozen pitted cherries
½ cup frozen banana
Handful of fresh raspberries
Optional: a scoop of your preferred protein powder
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and mix until well combined. If necessary, add some more Chocolate coconut water to get a smoothie desired consistency.
- For a protein hit add in a scoop of your protein powder.
- Sprinkle with cacao powder. Enjoy!
For more Cocobella recipe inspiration, check out last month’s Top 5 Recipes here.