November was a busy month for the Cocobella community. It was hard to narrow down our Top 5 recipes, but we think you will love this selection that includes fruity Icy poles, a beautiful breakfast-dessert-mash-up that had us drooling and everyone’s favourite: fluffy vegan pancakes. Tag #cocobellarecipe to be featured.
@powerthroughplants – Peach Passionfruit Icy Poles
A sweet and sour, creamy icy pole perfect for Summer (or when you want a taste of summer!)
Share with your family and friends and enjoy! Also, if you live in Australia and can get to a Coles, in the freezer section they have frozen passionfruit pulp super cheap which makes life so much easier! Highly recommend!
Peach Passionfruit Layer
- 1 cup canned peaches (without the juice)
- 1/2 cup passionfruit pulp
- 1 tbsp unsweetened Cocobella coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
Vanilla Coconut Layer
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut yoghurt (or you can use coconut cream)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Blend all ingredients for the peach passionfruit layer together in a blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Repeat the same process for the vanilla coconut layer. Place both bowls in the freezer for 15 minutes to thicken up.
- Once thickened, add spoonfuls of each mixture to your icy pole moulds, alternating to create the layer effect. Place the icy poles in the freezer for 8 hours or overnight. Once set remove from the moulds and store in the freezer until ready to eat! ENJOY
@hungryheallth – Relaxing Green Smoothie
I’m definitely looking forward to those days of just R E L A X I N G at the beach and drinking smoothies everyday I also get super nostalgic around this time of the year.. so many memories are made in summer and I’m all for it!
- Handful spinach
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup Frozen mango
- 1 1/2 cups Cocobella Coconut Water
Blend and serve with ice…
@fitfoodiemommy – Vegan Yogurt Blueberry pancakes
Fluffy, soft, healthy, delicious vegan yogurt blueberry pancakes that will surely be your next weekend favourite!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon pure honey or maple
- 3/4 cups unsweetened nut milk (almond/cashew/coconut)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Cocobella coconut yoghurt
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- maple syrup & fruits to serve
- coconut oil for cooking
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe banana. Add the milk, honey or pure maple, vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt. Then add the dry into the wet ingredients. Mix just enough to combine. Then fold in the coconut yogurt and then the blueberries. If using frozen blueberries, thaw them first and drain excess moisture.
- Heat a skillet or non-stick pan with coconut oil. Scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter and let it cook for about 2 minutes or until you see bubbles forming. Flip and cook for another minute or so until it’s cooked.
- Serve warm with maple, fruits and coconut yogurt. To make-ahead, freeze in an airtight container and re-heat in the toaster or on a pan.
@cleaneats_breakfasttreats – Apple Zucchini Breakfast Muffins
Karina has been making this recipe for years, originally a loaf recipe but now adapted with a few ingredient changes and they have become muffins.
Makes 6 large muffins
- 1 1/4 cups Almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour/ spelt or oat
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch Salt
- 2 medium Apples Grated
- 1 large Zucchini Grated
- 1 egg (Or replacement)
- 1/2 cup Cocobella Vanilla Yoghurt
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- Preheat Oven 180°C
- Mix all dry ingredients together in one bowl so they are well combined.
- In another bowl mix all wet ingredients together then add to the dry ingredients, fold together until just combined.
- Place in greased muffin pan and bake until cooked through and golden. Approximately 40 minutes
@peacock_warrior – Berry Chocolate Chia Pudding (from the How Not To Die Cookbook).
This breakfast today is more like a dessert, but all healthy! It’s a mashup of two recipes. Genius. Chocolate Chia Pudding from the @michaelgregermd How Not To Die Cookbook makes up the bottom half then some fresh bananas and an amazing caramel recipe from @rainbownourishments makes up the top half with some added Cocobella coconut yoghurt and cacao nibs.
Why not have dessert for breakfast, when it’s this easy to make and healthy?
Ingredients – Bottom Layer
- 1/2 ripe Hass avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 1/4 cups strawberries, blueberries, or other berries of choice
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 cup date syrup
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
Scoop out the flesh from the avocado and place it in a high-speed blender or food processor. Add the berries, cacao powder, almond butter, date syrup and almond milk. Blend until completely smooth and then pour into a bowl. Whisk in the Chia seeds until they’re evenly distributed. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Divide the pudding among four small dessert bowls, garnish as desired, and refrigerate for 20 minutes before servings.
Ingredients – The next layer: Date Caramel (from Rainbow Nourishments).
- 8 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/4 cup Cocobella coconut yogurt
- Remove the pits from the medjool dates. Add dates, plant milk and almond butter to a blender, and blend until it forms a smooth paste.
- Then add fresh banana to the jar, top with Cocobella yoghurt and cacao nibs. Delicious.
Thank you to everyone who was cooking with Cocobella in 2019. If this wasn’t enough recipe inspo for you. Head to our blog to see the most created recipes of 2019. Yes, there is a fluffy pancake recipe!! https://www.purecocobella.com/top-10-cocobella-recipes-of-2019/