Always drooling over our recipes but not making them as often as you save them? Us too, but this month you might be in luck. Two of our top 5 winners from January are selling their gourmet delights. You can order the No Bake Banofee Pies if you are near Newcastle from Hayley at @thecleantreatlady and if you’re near Adelaide, Cloe @capriciouscloe will make you a pretty generous jar of her granola for $5. All other locations get back into the kitchen – and if you live near our office give us a shout and we will place orders ; )
@healthywholefood – Red and Yellow and Pink and Dream… Bowl
The talented Tarni @healthywholefood assembled this cooling and zingy bowl that is perfect for hot sunny days
- 1.5 cups frozen mango
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberry
- 1/2 cup frozen zuchinni (promise you cant taste it!!)
- 1/2 cup plant mylk of your choice
- A couple of tablespoons of @purecocobella coconut yogurt.
- 1 teaspoon @superfeast beauty blend because my skin needs it in this heat.
- 2 dropperfulls @eidonminerals SILICA for more skin, hair and nail nourishing goodness.
- 1 teaspoon @greennutritionals marine magnesium for my poor post workout muscles.
- Blendy blend and add more plant based milk as needed.
- I topped with bee pollen, gojis, coconut flakes and mandies.
@hayleyannshaw – No bake Banoffee pie
These are the to-die-for Banofee Pie’s we mentioned earlier. Go buy some if you are lucky enough to be in Hayley’s hood or whip them up if you have the skillzz.
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein
- 1 cup soaked pitted dates Salted Caramel:
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 10 soaked pitted dates
- 1/3 cup syrup sweetener
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pure cocobella coconut yogurt
- Loving earth chocolate
- Boil kettle and soak dates for 5 mins.
- Blend base ingredients till sticky.
- Place mixture in muffin tin/mould mixture into cups and set in freezer.
- Blend caramel mixture ingredients till smooth and pour into moulds.
- Add 3-4 chopped banana sliced on top of caramel and set in freezer.
- Once set place yogurt into a piping bag and drizzle over the top.
- Lastly decorate with your choice of chocolate.
@capriciouscloe – Vegan Breakfast Apple Crumble
This brekkie took me about 5 minutes. This morning I used my mum’s new microwave (oh the novelty) to soften a chopped apple with lemon juice and cinnamon, then topped it with @purecocobella natural coconut yogurt and a generous handful of the yummy granola I made earlier this week. Easy, tasty, and rich in good vibes. My kind of breakfast!
- One chopped apple softened in microwave or stovetop in lemon juice and cinnamon,
- As much @purecocobella natural coconut yogurt as you choose
- A generous chunk of Cloe’s home-made Granola:
Cloe’s Home Made Granola
- 100g rolled oats (30g blended into a flour, 70g whole)
- 20g almond meal
- 25g shredded coconut
- 20g Tropeaka vanilla protein powder (or vegan protein powder of choice)
- 25g almonds, roughly chopped Cinnamon to taste Salt to taste
- 20g honey or rice malt syrup for vegan
- 30g coconut oil, melted
- 15g cacao nibs Method- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients except the cacao nibs in a large bowl until thoroughly combined and use a spatula to fold through the coconut oil and honey until everything is coated. The ground oats and almond meal should clump together into delicious chunks!
- Spread the mixture onto a lined baking tray, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Use a spatula to flip the granola and mix it around in order to get it evenly golden, then place back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
- Keep a close eye on it, as it can get dark quite quickly! Once at the right colour for you, allow it to cool, before mixing through the cacao nibs.
- Store in an airtight container.
@clareee_mareee – Layered Strawbs and Spirulina Jars
You really need to head over to Clare’s feed and see these layered puddings in all their glory..We couldn’t choose between the pics of the cute tops or the side view of the layers that shows the beautiful strawberry pudding. She tells us she had so much fun making and eating them and we don’t doubt it!
STRAWBERRY CHIA PUDDING:
- • 2 cups fresh strawberries (leaves removed)
- 2 tbsp white chia seeds.
Blend in food processor, transfer to container
BLUE SPIRULINA YOGURT
Make the chia pudding and blue spirulina yoghurt then layer in jars with additions of your choice. Clare used buckinis, raspberries and blueberries and then topped with blueberries, cacao nibs, goji berries, quinoa puffs and dried white mulberries.
@parry_foodie – Homely Wholesome Chia Bowl
As we all know, there’s an art to food pics – it’s not as easy as it looks!! But Paris clearly has a knack. Should this rustic pic be in a recipe book? To make 👇🏼
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup plant-based mylk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tbs maple syrup
- 1/3 banana
- 1/4 cup Cocobella coconut yoghurt
- 3 tbs @_brookfarm_ GF choc granola
- 1/4 cup frozen strawberries (thawed)
- fresh berries
- In a bowl add chia seeds, mylk, vanilla and maple syrup. Whisk to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate over-night (or at least 6 hours). The chia pudding should be thick and creamy, if not add more chia seeds and refrigerate for another hour.
- Place half to a third of the chia pudding in a bowl and top with topping of your choice, My favorites are purecocobella coconut yoghurt, banana, granola and fresh berries.
We hope you LOVE the January community recipes as much as we do!! We’re making the Chia pudding from Paris @parry_foodie tonight because she makes it look so damn good and easy. Let us know what you’re cooking up and don’t forget to tag us with either #cocobellarecipe or @purecocobella.
Until next month,