Hearty porridge with all your fave plant-based toppings, overnight oats and a few sweet treats to see out the rest of the dark winter days. We can recommend the pretty blueberry slice from @nourishwithliv and soft vanilla cake from @tara.tackles.ibd. And @balancebyelise made some wholesome muffins that will keep your energy levels up for that home school-work from home- workout-clean the house balance. Enjoy!! And as always share your amazing creations with us @purecocobella #cocobellarecipe
Hearty porridge from Mick @kindnessthroughfood
This porridge is kindness in a bowl, just like your mum used to make (minus the milk and sugar).
- Quick Oats
- Plant milk
- maple syrup (or you can use protein powder)
Top with your fave toppings, Pictured;
- Cashews & walnuts
- Cocobella natural coconut yoghurt
- Hazelnut Choc Spread
- Peanut Butter
- Topped with chia seeds.
- Heat up quick oats in a pot with some water and plant-based milk on stove top medium heat.
- Add some cinnamon, maple syrup (or you can use protein powder instead) and stir through.
- Cook for 5 mins. When it starts bubbling, stir through for a little while longer to avoid burning or drying out and bowl up. (if it is dry not to worry you can add more plant-based milk once served up)
Vegan Vanilla Cake from @tara.tackles.ibd
Let them eat cake we say.
- 3 white chia “eggs” (3 tbsp chia seeds soaked in 6tbsp water for 5 mins)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted (I used Raw C)
- 2 cups preferred milk (I used Nutty Bruce unsweetened almond)
- 3 3/4 cups flour (I used 1 cup wholemeal spelt (sub #GF if required), 1 cup buckwheat, 1 cup coconut flour, 3/4 cup almond meal)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 3tsp vanilla extract
- 4tbsp apple cider vinegar (I used Bragg’s)
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup (I used Queen Fine Foods)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease 2 x round cake tins.
- Mix 3tbsp white chia eggs with 6tbsp water and leave to set to make your chia “eggs”.
- In a large bowl combine your dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Whisk in your wet ingredients: coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup.
- Whisk in your set chia eggs.
- Pour the cake batter across your two prepared cake tins and bake for 25 mins, or until your skewer comes out dry.
- Once the cakes have cooled, it’s time to assemble the cake with Cocobella natural coconut yoghurt and strawberries! Spread some coconut yoghurt over your base cake until completely covered, then stack the second cake on top and repeat the frosting process. Top with strawberries and serve with a cuppa on the side for a delicious vegan, dairy free, refined sugar free and low gluten treat.
Blueberry Oat Slice from Olivia @nourishwithliv
This slice is perfect for lunch boxes or home school snacks.
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour (can easily blend up oats if you do not have oat flour on hand)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp @purecocobella natural coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Simply mix together all of the base ingredients until well combined.
- Set aside 2 tbsp to sprinkle on top, and then press down the rest firmly into a pan and place in the freezer.
- In the meantime, prepare the blueberry layer by placing all ingredients into a blender/food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spread evenly on top of the base and then sprinkle with the extra oat crumble.
- Place in the freezer to set for a couple hours, then cut up and enjoy!
- Best stored in the freezer.
Overnight oats from @the_happy_eater_
Happiness is waking up and making your coffee and remembering you made these overnight oats the night before.
- 50g rolled oast
- 5g vanilla protein powder
- 5g chia seed
- 2g seven spice chai powder
- 150ml unsweetened almond milk
- 10ml maple syrup
- Combine and soak overnight
- Cocobella Vanilla flavoured coconut yoghurt pouch
- 1 x banana
- 50g frozen blueberries
- 10g granola
- 5g pepitas
- drizzle tahini and date sauce
Lemon Blueberry Banana Muffins by @balancebyelise
Because we all know that feeling when you let the nanas get too ripe in the fruit bowl
Ingredients (makes 10 muffins)
- 1 cup @tefftribe Teff flour (or plain GF flour)
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup Cocobella natural coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup blueberries – coated with a 1 tsp flour (this stop the juices from running through the muffins during baking)
- Combine all wet ingredients, then add in dry ingredients and combine. Gently fold in the flour covered blueberries. Spoon mixture into lined muffin moulds and bake for 20-25 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
- 3/4 cup @lakantoaustralia sugar free icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Whisk all ingredients until combined and smooth. Add in more almond milk as needed to achieve your desired consistency and drizzle over cooled muffins.