Did someone put coconut in the water in February because the stuff you guys have been making is a vibe. As a bonus lots of these creations can be eaten in your socks – or in bed as in the perfectly styled breakfast in bed pancakes from @eatingwithaims. Super mum @metanoiamummaj was #parentinggoals with her chickpea curry that fed 10 kids. This gooey skillet of plant-based S’mores from @sammybeasley1 has been going quietly viral all week while @cafeh_girls made some cute caramel date protein cups in the style we have come to love and expect from them. And finally in a fine dining meets Instagram feat @planted_jo whipped up this Lychee Coconut Slice with Lime Buttercream. Wow. Remember to tag #cocobellarecipe or @purecocobella in all your delights.
S’mores Cookie Skillet by @sammybeasley1
Like we said, these went kind of crazy on social so you may have already seen this creation. Let us know if you make it!
- 200g of cookie mix ( I used @macr0mike snickerdoodle)
- 45g @purecocobella coconut yoghurt
- Unsweetened almond milk (approx 1/3-1/2 cup) ADD INS:
- 1/2 banana sliced
- Choc chips
- 1/4 cup of vegan marshmallows @mydandies
- In a bowl mix cookie mix with yoghurt. Now slowly add in almond milk until desired consistency is achieved. You want a thick cake batter consistency.
- Put 2/3rds of the mix in your skillet. Slice banana and place in middle along with marshmallows and additional choc chips.
- Cover with remaining cookie mix and top with a few more choc chips.
- Bake at 180•c for 20- 25 minutes or until golden.
- Top with roasted marshmallows and more chocolate
*Adapted from a recipe by @noashealthyeats
Breakfast in Bed Pancakes by @eatsbyaims
We can’t help but be impressed by all the things there is to love about this pic. Cute cat ✔ Pancakes ✔ Rust coloured linen sheets ✔ Cactus ✔
Can it please be Saturday already?
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal, hemp seeds or chia seeds
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Whisk ingredients in a medium bowl until batter is smooth.
- Lightly grease a frypan and adjust heat to medium. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, transfer batter to pan to form pancakes and cook for 2-3 minutes each side (or until golden).
- Serve with coconut yoghurt, berries, cacao nibs, buckwheat groats and drizzle with maple syrup.
Caramel Date Protein Cups by @cafeh_girls
If you are anything like us you probably love everything Torri at @cafe_girls makes. If you haven’t made one of her recipes before, this is the perfect place to start.
- 2/3 cups of cacao
- 2/3 cups of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of rice malt/maple
- 6 medjool dates
- 4 tbls of @macr0mike powdered PB
- 1/2 cup of @purecocobella coconut yogurt
- Melt chocolate ingredients and pour about 1 tbls of the melted mix into cupcake tins (about 12).
- Freeze the cupcake tray while you make the filling
- In a food processor or blender blend the filling ingredients until smooth.
- Scoop about 2 tbls of filling into each cup
- Pour any remaining chocolate on top of the filling
- FREEZE AND ENJOY
Lychee Coconut Slice with Lime Buttercream by @planted_jo
No this is not some kind of book of delicate refined plant-based desserts – it’s the Cocobella top 5. We love that we could include this pretty and sweet creation from @planted_jo this month!
Cooking time: 1 hour
Ingredients for lychee coconut slice
- 1¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup Cocobella vanilla coconut yogurt
- 2¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp lychee essence
- Preheat oven to 190°C, or 170°C if fan-forced.
- Combine all wet ingredients, stir well and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Fold wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Pour cake batter into a lined rectangular cake pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into desired shape & frosting with lime “buttercream”.
- Serve with fruit.
Ingredients for lime “buttercream”
- 1 can white beans, drained
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2½ tbsp hulled tahini
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla bean extract
- Add all ingredients into a food processor or blender, and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Transfer buttercream into a container and refrigerate.
- Once chilled, frost over the lychee coconut slice.
- Serve immediately.
Mumma J’s Tofu and Chickpea Korma @metanoiamummaj
Mumma J tells us this fed her 10 children plus 2 adults. So, she says to adjust according to how many people you have. Looks delish and also we need a nap at the thought. Thanks Mumma J
- Firm tofu 300g
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 jar of pataks korma paste
- 1/2 cabbage shredded
- 5-6 potatoes diced rough
- 2-3 cups mixed green veggies (peas, beans, broccoli)
- 3-4 carrots
- 1 tub of Cocobella natural yoghurt to dollop
- Optional – rice cakes or add rice.
- Garnished with home grown chilli
- Dry pan fry diced tofu until golden set aside
- In a pot or pan add potatoes, carrots, cabbage and chickpeas with 2 cups of water and coconut milk and cook veg until tender
- Add in frozen mixed greens cook further for a minute
- Add in pataks korma paste (I used jar for the family I need to feed) stir through ensuring to mix those lovely flavours
- Add in tofu and stir through again let simmer to absorb flavours for a few minutes than serve 5. Add a spoon or 2 of cocobella natural yoghurt
- Garnish with chilli or coriander It’s perfect for a meat free meal.
Thank you all for inspiring us to cook and eat delish plant-based this month and every month. The #cocobellarecipe is definitely turning us into better cooks and eaters. Prizes are in the mail!