This month you guys have been cooking up colourful nachos, dreamy strawberry and cream smoothies, the most to die for banana bread that ever did exist and maxxed out super food smoothies. We feel healthier just looking at these pics.
Blasting Salted Turmeric Smoothie by @crushinglimits
When Ines @crushinglimits is not at the hospital working as an Emergency Doctor or in her side hustle as a personal/fitness trainer, she is busy whipping up amazing food creations and sharing them on social. Sorry if you have now started to wonder what you are even doing with your life haha. Anyway, we LOVE her inspiring food choices and knew you would love this smoothie too.
- 4 medium frozen bananas
- 2 pears
- @whitewolfnutrition 1 scoop vegan caramel swirl lean protein
- @amazoniaco frozen coconut pack
- Cocobella 150mL straight up coconut water
- Blitz in your blender of choice and top with @natvialiving sugar free caramel, @startmeupnutrition turmeric vegan cookie, @tableofplenty probiotic porridge coconut & chocolate,
Loaded Vegan Nachos by @clean_treats
Is there any other way to eat vegan nachos than loaded with fresh herbs, halapenos and beans? The answer of course is yes, you can eat nachos any way you like but we love that these are basically jumping off the plate.
- 125g corn or tortilla chips
- 300g tomato salsa
- 400g tinned pinto beans (any beans would work – black beans, kidney beans), drained and thoroughly rinsed
- 150g diary free cheese
- 1 avocado
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 60g Ccocobella natural coconut yoghurt
- 1 lime, juiced (approx 2 tbs)
- 1 tbs nutritional yeast
- 10g fresh coriander
- 30g Jalapeños, optional
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Pour chips onto a large baking dish.
- Spread the salsa over the chips then scatter the beans, tomatoes and cheese on top. Place in the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- While the nachos are baking, mash the avocado in a bowl. Add red onion, juice of 1/2 lime and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, make the vegan sour cream by mixing the coconut yoghurt, nutritional yeast, juice of the remaining 1/2 lime and season with salt.
- Once the nachos have finished cooking, top with vegan sour cream, mashed avocado, jalapeños and fresh coriander. Serve & enjoy!
Strawberry and Cream Smoothie by @thecleantreatlady
Strawberries and cream, what a dream. We think this tastes way better than the original classic of strawberries with some whipped cream but if you are going to have the classic then at least get dairy free cream!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1-2 cups cold water
- 1 handful of frozen strawberries
- 1 heaped tbsp Cocobella vanilla coconut yogurt
- 1 heaped tbsp strawberries and cream protein powder by naked harvest
- 1 tsp immunity powder by tropeaka
- 1/4 tsp camu powder by tropeaka
- Blend all ingredients together and there you have it!
Choc Chip Banana Bread by @mainlymonica
I know we always go on about the talent among the #cocobellarecipe community but um… this recipe, pic, everything. Monica is such a little star.
Servings: 10 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 30 mins
- Banana (300g)
- Nut Butter of choice (80g) @99th_monkey
- Cocobella Coconut yoghurt (100g)
- Maple syrup (30ml)
- Almond milk (60ml)
- Apple cider vinegar or lemon juice (1tsp)
- Spelt flour or flour of choice (110g)
- @Macr0mike snickerdoodle protein powder (60g)
- Cinnamon (2tsp)
- Baking powder (1tsp)
- BiCarb soda (1/2tsp)
- Chocolate chips (50g)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius (fan forced) and grease or line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, roughly mash the banana. Add the peanut butter, coconut yoghurt, maple syrup, almond milk and apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. Mix together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder, bicarb soda and chocolate chips, and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and fold until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60mins or until a skewer comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool before cutting into desired sized slices and devour!
Raspberry Ripe Cups by @noashealthyeats
Another amazing creator who needs no introduction is Noa from @noashealthyeats and this fun recipe is amazing for kid’s birthday parties but good luck to the kids because everyone else will eat them first so enjoy those sausage rolls kiddos.
- 100-150g of white chocolate
- coconut oil for melting
Raspberry Ripe Filling
- 1/2 cup of desiccated/shredded coconut
- 2-3 tbs raspberry chia jam
- 1/4 cup blitzed natural sweetener
- 2-3 tbs of Cocobella coconut yoghurt
- Melt white chocolate with a tsp of coconut oil , once melted distribute half the mix to 6 cup cake cases (i used silicone) freeze or refrigerate to set.
- Drain off any excess liquid off your raspberry mix, than add desiccated coconut , coconut yoghurt & natvia (start with half of the sweetener and adjust to taste ) Distribute raspberry mix evenly, flatten the top and cover with remaining chocolate. refrigerate/freeze to set and enjoy