This month we bring you a mix of sweet and savoury with crispy fritters, the perfect dairy-free tzatziki, pomegranate puddings, pink cheesecakes and a tropical smoothie. Let us know if you try any of these and as always tag us in your creations @purecocobella or #cocobellarecipe.
Zucchini Fritters by @earthymik
These wholesome and hearty crispy veg fritters will keep you satisfied all day long.
- 4 cups grated zucchini (measured before squeezing the water out)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 0.5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 0.5 cup nutritional yeast
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 0.5 tsp onion powder
- 0.5 tsp garlic flakes
- Mix well into one bowl
- Season with salt, pepper and chilli flakes to liking. (The seasoning is really what makes these fritters, make sure they are flavoured to your personal preference!)
- The mixture should be moist and well combined.
- Heat a frypan (I use an electric frypan for these) over medium-high heat.
- Use a spray oil (look for non-aerosol) to coat the frypan.
- Use 1-2 dessert spoons worth of mixture to form each patty, using hands to flatten down slightly.
- Fry on one side for a few minutes until golden, then flip and cook the underside.
- Store in a warmed oven until serving.
- Best served fresh!
Three fruit tropical smoothie by @hellohealthyday
Summer in a glass
- 1 cup of pineapple pieces
- 1 fresh mango, cubed
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup of Cocobella coconut water.
- Combine pineapple, banana, mango and coconut water in a blender, and blend until smooth. Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top (optional)
- Simple and quick, but deliciously healthy!
Serves: one generous sized smoothie, or two small smoothies
Pomegranate Puddings by @oceanvegan
Sometimes you need more purple foods in your life
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 3/4 cup plant milk of choice
- 2 teaspoons unicorn superfoods beauty blend
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Frozen lychees
- Pomegranate seeds
- Cocobella natural yoghurt
- Slivered almonds
- Combine the chia seeds, milk, maple syrup and beauty blend in your cup. Stir it well until the chia seeds are evenly dispersed and then pop on the fridge to set for at least an hour.
- Stir beauty blend into as much Cocobella as you would like and then top your chia pudding with pomegranate, frozen lychee and the yoghurt.
Healthier No-Bake Vegan Cheesecakes Bites by @oat.obsessed.tarryn
Such a cute one to make with the kids on the holidays
(Makes 12 bites)
For the crust:
- 1 cup graham crackers or plain biscuits, crushed
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- In a bowl, mix the crushed biscuits/crackers with the melted butter. You should be able to mold the mixture with your hands. Fill the bottom of each of the mini muffin cups of your tray, pressing down on the mixture as needed. Leave to set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Natural Cocobella coconut yoghurt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 heaped tsp pink pitaya powder (Optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Spoon mixture into muffin cups on top of the crust, filling each one to the top. Leave to set in freezer for 4 hours.
Coconut Tzatziki by @seewanteat_
We can safely say this is one of the best dairy-free tzatzikis we have tried.
- 1/2 a cucumber, grated
- 4 tbsp of Cocobella coconut yoghurt
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- A handful of fresh parsley and mint, chopped finely
- A drizzle of garlic olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Season with salt and pepper then refrigerate before serving
- Serve with flatbread for a tasty appetiser, add to cheese platters or try this tzatziki in homemade vegan souvlakis for a delicious plant-based meal
Thank you to everyone who created Cocobella recipes in November. Winners your prizes are in the mail!!