The Cocobella community have absolutely smashed it this month with their delicious and creative recipes. Be sure to check out the cleansing Green Smoothie Bowl, Hearty & Cozy Lentil Dahl, Stuffed Malteser Cups, amazing Choc Orange Protein Cake and Vegan Yoghurt Pancakes (yummo). Don’t forget to tag @purecocobella or #cocobellarecipe for your chance to win!
Green Smoothie Bowl by @bowlsbyausdrey
The perfect start or end to any day! Do not be fooled by its green colour, this recipe is as delicious as they come!
For the Bowl:
- Handful of spinach & Frozen strawberries
- 1 tbsp Cocobella Natural Coconut Yoghurt
- 2 scoops @nuzest_aus Clean Lean Vanilla protein
- 1tbsp psyllium husk
- ¼ Avocado
- Small amount of @australiansown “Like Milk” so that it blends but is still thick
- @mayversfood Smooth PB
- Shredded coconut
- Combine spinach, frozen strawberries, Cocobella coconut yoghurt, vanilla protein powder, psyllium husk and avocado in blender with a small dash of “lite milk”.
- Blend until combined.
- Continue to add more “lite milk” until desire consistency achieved.
- Pour into a bowl and add toppings.
Choc Orange Protein Cake By @cleaneats_breakfasttreats
This is a recipe for all the choc orange fans out there!
Makes 9 serves
- 80g Buckwheat Flour
- 60g Chocolate Protein
- 1/2 Cup Granular Sweetener
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Cocao powder
- 1/2 Cup Cocobella Coconut Yoghurt
- 1 whole Orange, washed
- 1 peeled Orange
- 20g Almond Butter
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 whole egg or vegan replacement
- Pinch of Salt
- Chocolate Almond Butter
- Grated dark chocolate
- Orange zest
- Preheat Oven to 180° C
- Line a Cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the whole orange and the peeled orange in a food processor or blender and blitz until completely puréed. You will have to scrap down the sides a couple of times and repeat until completely smooth.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into the cake tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when tested.
- Cool and decorate with the toppings.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container.
Stuffed Malteser Cups By @noashealthyeats
Super addictive and made with mostly “better for you” ingredients plus a little Biscoff for that soulful balance.
- 250g chocolate
- 30g choc protein
- 1 flat cup of rice crisps 35g
- 3 tbs Biscoff spread ( 45 g ) or you can use nut butter
- 3tbs of Cocobella vanilla coconut yoghurt
- 25g white chocolate
- Melt your choc in a pot over the stove on the lowest heat or in the microwave with a little coconut oil.
- Once the chocolate is fully melted, fold in protein and crisps and coat them in the choc.
- Place a tbsp or so of the choc crisp mix in the bottom of each case, enough to cover the bottom place in fridge while you make the filling.
- In a heat proof bowl, add your Biscoff, coconut yoghurt and white choc.
- Place in the microwave for 30 seconds, let sit for 30 seconds and then stir, place it back in the microwave for an additional 15 seconds if you need to melt it further. Stir thoroughly, you should have a thick caramel style filling.
- Distribute your filling into the middle of each cup, it can be messy all tastes the same.
- Place in the freezer for 15 mins and then cover the top with remaining choc crisp mix (you might need to reheat and melt it slightly).
- Freeze for an hour or until set, keep remaining in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer for long lasting.
Hearty & Cozy Lentil Dahl By @johuczek
These very chilly days are making me crave warm and hearty meals. This Dahl recipe is my go-to and is so easy and quick to make. You can whip up a big pot and have it for the week and this freezes well too!
- 2 cups dry red lentils
- 4 cups veggie stock (1L)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup Cocobella Natural Coconut Yoghurt
- Brown your onion, garlic, spices and bay leaves in a pot, until the onion becomes translucent and everything is super fragrant.
- Add your dry red lentils and combine with the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add your stock, bring the Dahl to a boil then reduce to a low heat and cover with a lid. Cook for about 20-30 minutes, stirring it very so often.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and stir through your coconut yoghurt.
- Optional: roast some Kent pumpkin wedges in the oven until soft to serve with your Dahl.
- Serve your Dahl with some fresh basmati rice, roast pumpkin, more coconut yoghurt and some fresh coriander.
Vegan Yoghurt Pancakes By @czar_anon
Seriously yummy, perfectly fluffy stack of deliciousness for any day off the week!
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 3/4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 heaping tbsp Cocobella Coconut Yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar or maple or any plant syrup
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Whisk the soy milk with the apple cider vinegar. Set aside for three minutes.
- Then add the coconut yogurt, vanilla extract, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Gently mix the flour. Do not overmix.
- Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- In a medium heat non-stick pan, pour in a tablespoon or two of the batter. Then adjust the heat of the pan to low. Wait until edges are almost done about 5 min.
- Serve with your favourite toppings.