There were some incredibly delicious creations from our Cocobella community in July! Check out the dairy free Salted Caramel Magnums and Vegemite Scrolls for some old favourites as well as Tiramisu Breakfast Jars, Protella Choc Fondue, and gluten free Carrot Cake Cheesecake for some new faves, but with a twist! Keep your recipes coming and as always tag @purecocobella or #cocobellarecipe in your creations for your chance to win each month!
Salted Caramel Magnums!! by @sammybeasley1
Not much can beat these delicious vegan, dairy free magnums.
Makes 5-6 Ice Cream’s
- ½ cup raw cashews (soaked 4 hours)⠀
- ½ cup chilled coconut cream (thick part only)
- ¼ cup maple syrup⠀
- 1 tsp maca powder *optional⠀
- 1 scoop salted caramel protein⠀
- ¼ cup Cocobella coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 packed cup medjool dates (soaked and pitted) ⠀
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 TBS melted coconut oil
- 250g dark chocolate (to coat)
- Add all your ice-cream ingredients to a food processor and blend until the mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
- Pour into your silicone ice cream moulds making sure you leave enough room to include your second layer (3/4 full). Insert your popsicle sticks and place in the freezer to set for 1-2 hours.
- Add all your caramel ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Remove your pops and spread the caramel across the ice-cream layer, making sure it reaches the top and sides of the mould.
- Place back in the freezer to set for 1-2 hours until the caramel has hardened up.
- Once set, melt your chocolate over a low heat until the chocolate is smooth, runny, and glossy. Remove the ice creams from the freezer and dip into the chocolate one by one. (I like to spoon the chocolate over the ice-creams over a shallow bowl). Repeat the process until all are fully coated in chocolate. Drizzle with extra salted caramel and put back in the freezer to set.
- Allow to defrost for at least 5 minutes before eating!
Tiramisu Breakfast Jars by @balancebyelise
We cannot be the only ones that think everything tastes better in a jar!
Makes 2 serves
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 heaped tbsp Cocobella coconut yoghurt
- Coconut Yoghurt and cacao nibs, to serve
1 banana, sliced, to serve.
- 1 serve (30g) vegan chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- Dash of almond milk
- 1 shot espresso (I used decaf)
- 1/2 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp pure maple or rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure maple or rice malt syrup
- Combine the chia seeds, almond milk and coconut yoghurt in a bowl and set aside for 20-30 minutes to thicken.
- Once thickened, divide evenly into 3 bowls.
- Add the remaining ingredients for each layer to one bowl each and stir through.
- Cover & set in the fridge overnight (or min. 4 hours).
- Then in the morning it is time to layer these tiramisu jars! Dividing the mixture for each layer between 2 jars – Start with the coffee layer, then choc layer and finally the vanilla.
- Then finish with a dollop of coconut yoghurt, sliced banana and cacao nibs!
Carrot Cake Cheesecake by @hannah.banana182
The ultimate combination of irresistibly moist carrot cake, and smooth creamy cheesecake!
Makes 4 serves
For the Base:
- 1/3 cup @sneaky_wholefoods Better Being Carrot Blend
- 1/4 cup Grated Carrot
- 2 tbs Vanilla Protein
- 2 tbs Maple Syrup
- 1 tbs Coconut Oil
For the Cheesecake:
- 1/4 cup Cocobella Coconut Yoghurt
- 1 tbs Vanilla Protein
- 1 tbs Runny Nut Butter
- Mix base ingredients together to form a thick dough.
- Press into muffin moulds and put in the fridge to set.
- Make cheesecake layer by mixing together ingredients until smooth. Add to the top of bases and add any toppings (I did walnuts, pepitas and extra carrot blend).
- Leave in the freezer for a few hours to set or ideally overnight. (Store in the fridge once set for 4-5 days).
Protella Choc Fondue by @noashealthyeats
You had us at strawberries and chocolate!
Makes 3-4 serves
- 80g Vanilla Cocobella Yoghurt
- 15g choc protein
- 10ml maple syrup -adjust sweetness
- 2 tsp of choc spread of choice
- strawberries/ banana or fruit of choice
- In a bowl mix your yoghurt, protein, choccy spread & maple syrup until well combined (if you’re not a sweet tooth you may not need the maple syrup but I like it)
- Swirl another tsp of Nutella through the top.
- Serve with your favourite fruit.
- Enjoy 😊
Cheesymite scrolls by @nourishing_eats_
A serious Aussie favourite.
Makes 6 small/ 4 large
- 1C Self raising flour
- 200g Cocobella Coconut Yogurt
- 1tsp baking powder
- Dairy free cheese
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a baking tray.
- Place flour, baking powder and yogurt in a bowl – mix to combine, then use hands to knead dough.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured bench. Roll dough out into a rectangle.
- Gentle spread desired amount of Vegemite over the dough and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Cut dough with a pizza cutter into 2-3cm thick strips and tightly roll them up.
- Place buns on baking tray and cook for 18 minutes or until golden and serve warm.