There is no letting up when it comes to the Cocobella Community, they have smashed it out of the park once again in Feb! Start your day with some incredible Cacao Pancakes with Dragon Fruit Nice Cream or even a Pb & Jelly Overnight Oats, breakfast never tasted so good. Try these Vegan Black Forest Muffins and Lemon Coconut Banana Bread to cure your pesky mid-day cravings, we promise they will hit the spot. Last but certainly not least finish your day with this Frozen Yoghurt Bark treat that is bound to be a serious family favourite!
Cacao Pancakes with Dragon Fruit Nice Cream by @the.mindfulpeanut
Makes 5-6 pancakes
- 100g GF Flour
- 100ml Almond Milk
- 5T Oil
- 1/2tsp Vanilla
- 1T Ground Flaxseeds
- 1T Maple Syrup
- 1/2T Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp Baking Soda
- 1T Cacao Powder
- Pinch Salt
- Cocobella Coconut yoghurt
Dragon fruit ‘Nice’ Cream ingredients:
- 100g Frozen Dragon fruit Pieces
- 50g Frozen Raspberries
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 2tsps Dragon fruit Powder (optional)
- Whisk milk, oil, vanilla, flaxseeds, and maple – let rest for 5 minutes.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cacao powder & salt in separate bowl.
- Slowly add dry mixture to your milk mixture until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat pan over medium heat and lightly coat surface of pan with oil or vegan butter.
- Ladle about 1/3c mixture on to pan and flip when bubbles begin to form on surface of pancake.
- Stack and serve with dollop of Cocobella Yoghurt and fruit of choice or ‘nice’ cream! Enjoy 😊
Dragon fruit ‘Nice’ Cream method:
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blitz until thick and creamy. Keep in the freezer for up to a month.
Vegan Black Forest Muffins by @thenourishedbite
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 scoop choc hazelnut protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2-3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp nut butter
- 1 mashed banana (can sub with apple sauce)
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- Handful dark choc chips + Mixed frozen dark berries (add these last)
- Cocobella Coconut yoghurt mixed with sugar free icing sugar
- Thawed berries
- Chocolate sauce from @natvialiving
- Shaved chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 °C and line a muffin tray.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift all dry ingredients and stir together.
- Add wet ingredients and thoroughly stir together.
- Fold through choc chips & berries.
- Fill each muffin liner & bake for around 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool. Mix the coconut icing together and top each muffin.
- Decorate & enjoy!
Pb & Jelly Overnight Oats 🥜🍓 and @nourishing_eats_
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 170g Vanilla Cocobella Coconut Yoghurt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tsp raspberry chia jam
- 250g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Squeeze of a lemon and pinch of zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cool in a saucepan on medium to high heat for 10 minutes till thickened. Place in an airtight jar or container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days 🥰
- Place oats, chia seeds, yoghurt, and milk in a bowl, mix to combine and place in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to eat. Scoop 1-2 tbsp. of overnight oats into a bowl, layer with raspberry chia jam and peanut butter. Top with more overnight oats and extra jam and peanut on top. Serve with fresh raspberries, banana, cocoa nibs, hemps seeds or any other topping you desire.
- Enjoy 🌞
Frozen Yoghurt Bark by @holistic.home
- Cocobella Coconut Yoghurt
- Strawberries or other berries or fruit of choice
- Nuts, seeds, and grain of choice (i.e.. rolled oats)
- Sweetener optional
- Prep a tray with baking paper or reusable baking mat.
- Spread out a thin layer of coconut yoghurt on the prepped tray about 1 cm thick.
- Sprinkle over your desired toppings. My go-to is sliced strawberries, pepitas and some oat mix! Get creative with it. Optional: Drizzle over some maple syrup or honey for added sweetness.
- Add tray to freezer and freeze for a few hours or overnight. Once frozen through, break up into pieces and enjoy! Store in freezer safe container or baggie.
Lemon Coconut Banana Bread by @busy_bees_kitchen
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 3 eggs (or #vegan substitute)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Cocobella Coconut Yoghurt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup lemon cheesecake plant protein
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In an electric mixer or food processor thoroughly mix the first 6 ingredients, ensuring bananas are mashed.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour across 8 muffin or mini loaf moulds.
- Top with sliced banana, a sprinkle of maple sugar, and slight spray of coconut oil.
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from tin/moulds.
- Enjoy over the next 5 days or freeze to keep for longer.